Universal Credit – what does it mean for you?

Universal Credit (UC) is being introduced as part of the government’s welfare reforms. It replaces a number of other benefits. Anyone making a new claim for Income Support or the income-based

Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Housing Benefit or tax credits may need to claim Universal Credit instead. You should still claim any contribution-based benefit.

Universal Credit is an online benefit. You must make your claim online (using a computer, tablet or smartphone) and payments are made monthly into your bank account.

UC is currently being ‘rolled out’ in Shropshire. Shropshire Council has produced a series of cards to explain UC: to view the cards, please click below.

Budgeting Card

UC Rent Card Jan18

UC Online Card Feb18

Universal Credit Card Mar18