All data subjects whose personal data is collected in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
2.1 The Finance Director is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Shropshire Rural Housing Association (SRHA) collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of SRHA who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Shropshire Rural Housing Association is a Housing Association registered under charitable rules and providing affordable housing throughout Shropshire. The registered address is The Maltings, 59 Lythwood Road, Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury, SY3 0NA.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
- Contact telephone numbers
- Email Address
- National Insurance Number
- Date of birth
Other personal data may be requested to assist in ensuring we operate fairly and are not discriminatory in our practices.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Dealing with your housing application
- Monitoring your tenancy
- Enabling rent and service charge payments
- Assisting with welfare benefit enquiries
- Arranging repairs and maintenance
- Other matters relating to the provision and management of housing
Our legal basis for processing the personal data is:
- The provision and management of housing
- The provision and management of related services
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Assessing and prioritising housing applications
- Allocating housing
- Managing and maintaining housing
- Providing appropriate advice and assistance
- Enforcing tenancy conditions
- Delivering other services related to our core activities of providing and managing housing
The ‘special categories’ (defined by law) of other personal data concerned are:
- Ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious belief
- Philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life
- Sexual orientation
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Shropshire Rural Housing Association to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
Your personal data will be kept on file as long as you hold a tenancy with us. If in the future you should leave us, your data will be held for a further seven years in line with legislation retention periods.
Shropshire Rural Housing Association will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
3.3 Retention period
Shropshire Rural Housing Association will hold and process personal data for as long as you hold a tenancy with us. Should you cease to be a tenant, personal data will be retained for a period of seven years in line with retention legislation.
3.4 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing, your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
Our Finance Director and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- 01743 874848
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling. You also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that SRHA refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Shropshire Rural Housing Association (or by third parties as described in 3.4 above), or about how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the appropriate supervisory authority and Shropshire Rural Housing Association’s Finance Director.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Shropshire Rural Housing Association:
Finance Director, SRHA, The Maltings, 59 Lythwood Road, Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury SY3 0NA
Telephone: 01743 874848
The Information Commissioner’s Office (the supervisory authority)
Reporting via website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Reporting via telephone (or seeking advice in relation to your concerns about your personal data):
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Read more about how and why we use your data here www.shropshirerural.co.uk
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Shropshire Rural Housing Association, will collect and use your personal data for monitoring your rent account, assisting with benefit claims, arranging for repairs and maintenance to be carried out at your property, dealing with complaints and other matters relating to the provision and management of housing services.
Why does Shropshire Rural Housing Association need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes, monitoring your rent account, assisting with benefit claims and arranging for repairs and maintenance to be carried out at your property. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Shropshire Rural Housing Association would contact you for additional consent.
Will Shropshire Rural Housing Association share my personal data with anyone else?
In the course of dealing with you and/or providing services, we may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Shropshire Rural Housing Association. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to hold your personal data securely and to use such data only for the intended purpose. When third parties no longer need your data for the intended purpose, they will dispose of the details in line with Shropshire Rural Housing Association’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Shropshire Rural Housing Association use the personal data it collects about me?
Shropshire Rural Housing Association will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Shropshire Rural Housing Association is required to retain information in accordance with the law; such as information needed for welfare benefit, tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Shropshire Rural Housing Association contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Shropshire Rural Housing Association, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Shropshire Rural Housing Association does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this may be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Shropshire Rural Housing Association or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details of and information about any automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of identification will I need to provide in order to access this?
Shropshire Rural Housing Association accepts the following forms of identification when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
|Data Protection Officer contact details|
|Contact Name:||Ms K Adams|
|Address line 1:||The Maltings|
|Address line 2:||59 Lythwood Road|
|Address line 3:||Bayston Hill|
|Address line 4:||Shrewsbury|
|Address line 5:||SY3 0NA|