What happens if I have a broken window?

If the damage is accidentally or deliberately caused by you, a household member or a visitor, you will be responsible for the repair. If the window is a double-glazed unit, we will advise on how best to arrange a satisfactory repair.

If the damage is not caused by you, a member of the household or a visitor, you will first need to contact the Police and obtain a Crime Reference Number. You should then contact the Association, providing the Crime Reference Number, and we will arrange for a repair to be carried out. It is possible that you will be re-charged for the repair, even if the damage was caused by someone else: this will depend upon the specific circumstances.