Tenant's Zone

Can I have a pet and do I need permission?

If you are a tenant of Shropshire Rural your tenancy agreement requires you to “keep under control any animals kept at the Premises and to obtain the written consent of the Association before keeping a dog or any other animal that might cause a nuisance or annoyance to other persons in the neighbourhood or that might damage the premises.” So, for example, you would not require permission to keep a goldfish but would require written permission in advance of keeping a dog or certain other animals. If in doubt, ask us at enquiries@shropshirerural.co.uk or write to us at The Maltings, 59 Lythwood Road, Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 0NA.